Hegel H300

Anyone familiar with this integrated amp or had a chance to hear it at the RMAF this year?

I would be very interested in any comments.

Thanks,
Banyon100
Ag insider logo xs@2xbanyon100
I own a Hegel H-30 amplifier, using it as a stereo amp driving a pair of Venture speakers; it replaced a pair of Bryston 28sst squares, and it is a much better amp. I have all the detail; bass, slam, sound stage, and detail...I leave it on 24/7; and have had no reliability issues. Have owned it for around one year now and absolutely love it. I think it plays well above its price class..one of the best anywhere. If you are considering Hegel; trust your instincts and enjoy your purchase. As other posters are pointing out; there are other contenders; and system synergy must be taken into account..in my system it works tremendously well. Good luck.
Audio zen, what's so great about the Coda? I don't care where it's made and I live in New York. A transformer twice as large as the one supplied with the Hegel? I don't believe you. Back yourself up. Have you ever heard the Hegel? Who sells Coda or who's the distributor? Half the inhabitants of California are not Americans.
Back myself up? You betchum junior! The founding engineer's
at Coda are Eric Lauchli, Doug Dale, the President of the company, and Lorin Peterson. They are legendary. They were the designer's with Nelson Pass at Threshold back in the 80's. Threshold was a world class leader in soild state components. The build and sound quality of Threshold was outstanding. The Hegel H-300 uses a 1kVA transformer. The Coda CSIb uses a 2kVA transformer. Twice as large. The Hegel peaks at 120 amperes per channel. The Coda peaks at 150 amperes per channel. Coda only sells factory direct in the states. Over 80% of their sales are in Europe with France being their largest customer. They don't advertise in the states. Why? Very strong word of mouth reputation.
Their products sell themselves. Would Hegel be in business if they didn't advertise? I doubt it.
Just read the late April review of the H-300 in TAS by Chris Thomas. Very disappointing. Too short and too brief of a review. Chris describes the sound as a little soft but did not go into detail of all the performance aspects that are covered in more extensive reviews. He must've wrote the review while he was stuck in traffic.
Audiozen, I'm having a difficult time finding the Coda website. I keep running into a speaker manufacturer. Can you help me out with this?

I didn't mean to come across as being brash but I've heard some Hegel gear and regardless of the specs you posted it sounded amazing to my ears.