Integrated Amps vs. Separates.

I'm curious what people think the better option is, integrated amp or seperates. It seems that integrated amps are a cost cutting measure, but do they also cut sonic quality? Assuming similiar price ranges, what would people here generally choose. Give me some examples/brands/models and comparisions from your experiences. Thnaks. Carter p.s. Is the Krell KAV 300i really the king of integrateds like many reviewers say (i.e not only better than all other integrated amps but better than most seperates)?
mailman199
Nobody is getting excited Jules, you are just not getting the point. Dollar for dollar a integrated can sound better, that is the point.
sorry but lokking at the classified ads I just noticed a pair of rowland model 3 mono apmps for 2k now match that with any number of used preamps an audible illusions for instance at well under 17oo leaving more than enough money for cables and interconnect and I don't believe a 4k integrated will be as good but then again that is just my opinion
sorry but lokking at the classified ads I just noticed a pair of rowland model 3 mono apmps for 2k now match that with any number of used preamps an audible illusions for instance at well under 17oo leaving more than enough money for cables and interconnect and I don't believe a 4k integrated will be as good but then again that is just my opinion
Now Jules, why would you compare used prices for the separates and new for the integrated, come on!!
I don't think anyone(at least on this end) is getting excited or offended. I could care less if someone disagrees with me or not. I don't take these discussions personally. It is all about personal pleasure, and my tates will be different than anothers. Some of us(believe it or NOT) have come to the conclusion that a nice integrated tube amp is where it's at. I absolutely LOVE Jeff Rowland products, but when the chips(and lights) are down, spinning a few of my CDs through one of these great tube integrated that have emerged in the past few years brings me a magic that I haven't found elsewhere. I'm not sure it get much better. Maybe my preference is not the most accurate, neutral, or whatever. Call it warm, euphonic, sweet, etc., but there is some kind of wonderful appearing in the room. I mean no disrepect to people who have other tastes, but I swear sometimes I can taste nirvana. And that is what it is all about.