Audio Mirror 45 thoughts?

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to provide a mini review of their Audio Mirror 45's. Reliability? Power tube life? Most importantly, SQ. I am interested in pairing these with a pair of Reference 3a De Capo's.

Interesting amps but not a lot on the web about them. Thanks in advance for any help.
smctigue1
Smctigue1

I am currently using Tung Sol black glass round plates in the 6sl7 spot. They provide a nice balanced full sound IMO.

I have also used Sylvania short brown base with D getters in that spot. They are more similar to the Sylvania bad boys in that the sonics are a bit punchier.

It all comes down to personal taste as there is really no right or wrong here. You just need so experiment with a few different types. I was lucky because my tube guru friend has virtually all the best 6sl7 and 6sn7s that were every made in his collection. He provided me with about 6 of each type to try out. There are most definitely differences in sonics for each one that are very easily discernible with just brief listening.

I'm sure you will find some that suit your tastes. It just takes patience!

ENJOY
Brent Jessee is the best. Tubes are always in great condition, matched and he has a return policy if you don't like them. Can't be better than that.

I hope that they are to your liking.