Are you Guys Rich or What!?

I have an old system, nothing special, Adcom, Vandersteens etc and I recently set foot for the first time in a "high end" shop, hoping to get to the next level of audio nirvana. When I saw some of the prices for monoblock amplifiers, cables, the latest speakers etc, I practically fell off my chair when I realized that I could blow $50-100K pretty easily on this stuff. I am not rich. Do you big budget system guys all work on Wall Street or something or do you eat macaroni and cheese most nights to put a few bucks away for CDs and your next upgrade?
thomashalliburton5534
Sean- "the chase is better then the catch", you know her too! after all the work it just isn't worth it.

I've always wanted to try to build a budget rig, after I get the BIG system sounding good-to me, anyway- set a budget of about 2k or so and just be patient and try to find the best gear out there for the money that will work good together. But that will be a while down the road I am out of rooms for the moment!

BTW CFB your in an odd mood today, did someone taint your corn? lol Your post on WHO RU? seems as though you may had a few too many in ya at the point, eh? Cheers!
Tim
Easy there "cornfedboy"!!!

The very word "HUGE" is a realative term. "HUGE" to me means "OH MY GOD I HAD NO IDEA SOUND COULD BE THIS GOOD"!!!

Yes... I suppose that replacing all my equipment with the latest super high-end equipment would make a noticable change...unfortuantly I would have no change ($) left in my pocket!
I was answering a post from a guy who obviously does'nt have all the money in the world, but still appriciates good sound. You, on the otherhand, obviously have all the money in the world to try every frontend, every power source, every preamp, every speaker, every stand, every wire and every tweak available (good for you!). Perhaps with all the extra equipment you have sitting around you could give it to the guy who started this post!!!

You sir, have the audiophile sickness worse than any other "audiogoner" I've ever read.

Go outside and take a walk!
I think most people who are looking at Equipment on the AudiogoN website are Stereo enthusiasts who are looking for a good deal on top notch stereo gear! Some people have more excess money to spend on this hobby than others. There should be no guilt attached to putting together a nice system. Are the prices for high end stereos a bit ridiculous, heck yeah!(Power Cords that retail for $4,000, PLEASE!) But then so are sports cars and everything else that is the best of the best. This website helps many Stereo hobbyist afford nicer equipment than they could normally afford. It's great. I would say most people aren't rich who read(and use) this website, just a bit enthusiastic about their hobby (stereo & video gear)! :) I really enjoy this hobby and especailly doing one upgrade at a time to hear each little improvement. It's a fun hobby that only hurts my checkbook from time to time.