Do the Audio gods shine upon you?

Has anyone else had this experience or am I just nuts? You sit down for a quiet evening of Hi Fi listening and after some warmup time you suddenly realize that your system sounds dramatically better than it did the night before. I am talking about those little things like more resolution, low level detail. You know, those things that turn audiophiles on. I am almost afraid to turn my system on again for fear that the "audio gods" have abandoned me.
slowhand
My voltage shifts between 119 and 124. The sound shifts as well. Larryh makes a good point. Some days your ears are tired and other days are wide awake and ready to rock. Ther are certainly other factors, but it is noticed that wine doesn't taste as good when the barometer is falling, so I guess everything can have an effect on everything else. But isn't it great when everything seems to fall in to place and you get that magical feeling of being in touch with the fellings of the artist or group you are listening to? (Ben, thanks for the laughs).
Slowhand: I have found that the music just sounds better in the morning. I try to listen for an hour before going to work. If I'm reading while listening, the music becomes more "detailed" in my subconsious? for some reason.
Gents, I think Garfish has nailed it. I think this is a real phenomina and it has everything to do with our frame of mind or mood when listening and nothing to do with our ears or systems. A good analogy would be the "clean car seems to run better" syndrome. Gentlemen, perseption IS reality!
Let me guess -- you listen to a lot of Grateful Dead, Phish and Peter Tosh, Shakti stones make a world of difference and your system sounds worse when your broke and waiting fo your next paycheck? I do think the point about TTS is true, however. Some have also suggested that the AC is cleaner at night.
There is no data that shows measurable change in auditory acuity from average exposure to ambient noise. Cite your references otherwise. You sound like the auditory equivalent of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle: Listening to the event changes the sound itself, beyond the performance. The reason they call it "Temporary Threshold Shift" is because it's temporary. Very temporary. Equating long term TTS to permanent hearing loss is as astute as correlating long life with probability of death. Whatever the case, where ever you are, listen in the morning, please. Leave the tempered decibels and improbable kilowatts to those of us who don't know any better, or who couldn't care less. Except for that car that exposes us to 100 dB(!) of "damaging" low frequencies. Ever heard any frequency at 100 dB in a car? What??? HUH??? yeah, TTS.