B&O, overpriced artistic piece of audio?

I have always had some sort of fascination to all things nifty and modern looking. Since 1982, before coming to this country, I was able to look into a B&O advertisement page in the NYTimes. Are B&Os a compromise sonically compared to my current system (Preamp SFL-2, Amp, Sonic Frontiers Power 2, speakers Gershman X-1 and Sw-1 subwoofers, Japanese DVD+Bel Canto DAC-1, Tuner MCintosh Mr-78)? Can I be enamoured just for the looks and this sense of nostalgia or should I simply say that B&O does conquer sonically? PAUL
bemopti123
Sound is not the sole critera???? Why even bother then, Bose look great in with most decors.
You must be joking. Please... even B&O dealers admit that gear they don't sell sounds better. B&O has OK looks, passable sound, that's all. I'm sure your wife will be pleased though...
I personally wouldn't do what Bemop is contemplating, but I think I understand why he would consider it. Why shouldn't audio equipment look great? Style counts. Some companies understand. Take a look at Sonus Faber, Jeff Rowland or Avalon. A component should look as good as it sounds, and vice versa.
onhwy61, i *don't* understand why *anyone* would consider b&o - and for yust the reasons ewe cite: many companies *do* make attractive gear that sounds good, too! :>) doug
Everybody is making the process of picking equipment sound so damned logical. Maybe it should be, but then again, maybe it shouldn't. Have any of you every done something just because it didn't make sense? Stop being so serious. It's possible that someone somewhere has a really good sounding B&O system that they are totally happy with. Maybe it will be Bemop. Is this really beyond the scope of your imagination?