Never Used -- in Sealed Box

Who are the people who keep buying audio equipment, then offering it for sale without even opening the box? There seem to be regular listings for all levels of equipment which have never even been auditioned by their owners. Do these same people ever buy, say, bridges, or Florida beach property? Or do they believe that perhaps we are interested in buying some?
madisonears
On the other hand...Try remodeling your house and, at the same time, attempt to purchase new gear. You might be amazed at what happens. In my case, a new wall changed my listening space more than I had imagined it would. Suddenly you've got brand new gear that has been delivered and paid for, so what to do? Open it up anyhow, confirm your suspicions,and take a few hundred dollars loss on the open box or sell it"NIB" and recoup as much as you can? IMO,When purchasing I would always ask why it's NIB, but let common sense prevail.
They could be doing something like trying to buy things from places like www.harmanaudiooutlet.com and then make you THINK you're getting a deal for a NIB product at 1/3 off. But that's just a theory.
Those inventory liquidation people could be a source. Banks and creditors want cash.
I've seen equipment sold here, NIB, at slighltly lower than retail, however, much more than the same equipment that could have been purchased at www.ubid.com the week before! Some people are trying to make a fast buck.