Have you tried SILCLEAR from Mapleshade?

How do you find the effects, if any, from using SILCLEAR from Mapleshade??

Especially compared to Walker SST Silver and X-Treme Quicksilver treatments.

Thanks,
Richard
drrdiamond
i cannot confirm the "break-in" period for the silclear in my friend's system.

however, as a risk taker, i would propose a wager. conduct a blind test using two identical pairs of interconnects, and i would bet that i would discern a brightness, after 100 hours of break-in when auditioning the treated pair.
hi geoffkait:

unless the "treated" pair creates a roundness in the treble frequencies, you will lose the bet.

of course, there is a problem of distance. you are, i believe, located on the west coast, while i live in ny.
I can't speak of the silclear but if it is anything similar to the Walker SST silver product which I tried and still have on hand I would take you up on the bet Geoff. It works in brightening things up alright but in my particular case it wasn't a good thing and was ALL too apparent immediately. I'm glad I only tried it at the RCAs into the amp, that was enough!
"All too apparent immediately."

Exactly! All of these silver contact enhancers require at least 100 hours of burn in with signal before they can be judged critically. I used Silclear a bazillion years ago, these days my money's on Quicksilver Gold. Faint heart n'e'r won fair maiden, as my granddaddy used to say.