Nightmare selling to Canada

I didn't see 'site-related' as a choice so I'm using 'misc audio'.I feel bad for Canadians wanting to buy our gear. The weight limitation---66lbs--fedex or the PO--- Then unless you lie on the form they may have to pay huge fees.--(up to 35%)????I had a deal in progress; the buyer sent a Canadian MO.I took the bank check to the operations manager at my bank.--She tells me there could be a charge back to my account for a period of up tp 45days later.---I sent the bank check back; unless the buyer wanted to wait 45 days, before I ship the item.As I was returning this check--the postal lady says I could get cash for a Canadian Postal Money Order. --I'm surprised the buyer didn't know this.---After the fact; I now know this.---Sad but true
avguygeorge
BTW, PO or Fedex ground has this 66lb. limit to Canada. If you have a computer and an account at FEDEX you can use ground, for heavier items---webtv guy---no computer. There were several reasons I sent the Bank Check back. On the phone it sounded like this guy did MANY deals 'cross the border.---AND I think he should have known about Canadian Postal MO's. I asked him to click 'email-seller' from my add---so I could examine his feedback---he didn't want to--one warning flag. The other is I've read about charge backs from paypal (read about them here) Then of course the potential of a charge back on the check. (Read about that too;here)
My Bank is Wells Fargo. The operations manager is a very savvy babe. I'd have to be a fool to disregard her input--That's her field. Mom says life is a learning experience-----I'm learning;already!!
I just shipped a DAC to Canada through FedEx and it easy (except for the taxes the recipient had to pay!).
I have all my parcels from the USA to Canada shipped to Blaine, WA. just across the border from Vancouver and that way the freight costs are about 1/2 of what it would cost to ship direct to Vancouver, plus I don't have to deal with brokerage fee's, etc.
I usually go down every couple of weeks and pick up all my shipments and clear them through customs myself.
For larger shipments I always use Bax Global Air Freight, they
have very competetive rates and are perfect to ship big speakers, amp's, etc.
Markphd, regarding your 4th and 5th paragraphs LIGHTEN UP. I don't know who you are or what you do ,but, whatever it is sounds extremely important and ethical. I am really happy that you are such a law abiding citizen, someone who the rest of us can look up to and try our best to walk in the foot steps of. Do you by chance work for Canada Customs? Our country needs all the tax dollars it can possibly get it's hands on. Keep giving generously.
Just received in the mail today an invoice from Fed Ex Trade Networks (Fed Ex Ground's agent)which includes GET THIS $56.25 in brokerage fees and another $5.50 in disbursment fees + taxes totaling $66.08. WHAT A F...ING RIP OFF. NOW MY LIST OF COURIERS NOT TO USE INCLUDES FED EX GROUND. Unbelievable.