Is 9'x11' too small?

I am considering using a small home office as a dedicated listening room. I could clear out the room and have it dedicated to gear only (and a chair or two and CD racks). This would allow me to acoustically treat the space (as I can't now in my listening room of the living room). The problem is (or might be) and my question to you is; the room is only 9'x11'x8', is this too small?
jh2os
Thanks for the comment Kray! I was pleasantly surprised at how well a room this small sounded! Keep me posted on your 'room tuning' efforts, as I am sure they will prove useful for me as well.
yeah i do plan on adding wall treatments, i am going to make my own DIY, and being wrapped in Burlap fabric they will look really good on the walls. but you're right, it sounds really good in a small room. i moved all the stuff from the a living room like you did and i am really impressed with how good it sounds in such a small room. i have the chair about 12" from the back wall, so i'm sitting fairly close (about 5-6 feet from the speakers), but it sounds awesome.
Jh2os, how is your listening room. I have the same dimensions for my current room. I found your thread here and the useful excel chart. When I entered my data for a listening position using the long length of the room (139 inches) as the width something interesting happened. Calculating my distance from the side wall as a little under half that (65") to account for the distance between my ears, and a little movement, excel showed no nodes were present. I have set my speakers up in this orientation, and the results for mid and high bass were staggeringly good, even with my full range Wharfdales. I’ll be fully testing out this new position over the next couple of weeks.

Just thought you might want to know

Regards
Ben

Ben
That size will work just fine as long as you size the speakers to the room. Some nice two way monitors should work beautifully.
I would second a good set of monitors, or maybe the smaller Totem models.

It can difinately be done, but placement will be more important and room treatment will most likely be necessary - which is a good thing. My old room was 11x12 and I was able to put some decent sized speakers in there.