Are Maggies Cat Proof?

HEY GANG, HAVE BEEN LOOKING INTO PICKING UP A PAIR OF USED MAGGIES IN THE NEXT COUPLE MONTHS. PROBLEM IS MY LIVE IN GIRLFRIENDS CAT "WHICH IS DECLAWED" LIKES TO USE MY PRESENT SPEAKERS AS A SCRATCHING PAD. FORTUNATLY THE POLK AUDIOS I HAVE HAVE NOT BEEN AFFECTED OTHER THAN STRETCHED OUT CLOTH COVERS IN SPOTS. IM WONDERING IF THE MAGGIES WOULD GET TRASHED OR DAMAGED FROM THE SAME ABUSE. I KNOW A GOOD WAY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM BUT GETTING RID OF THE CAT IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. BELIEVE ME I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING I.E. I THINK IM ALLERGIC ECT. DID NOT WORK.
clevelandhifi
Just take a couple wires and wind them carefully around the speaker, DONT LET THEM TOUCH.

THen, take the ends and hook one up the a car battery, 1 positive and 1 negative.

that cat will touch those speakers once.
you got to be kidding. get rid of that cat. Your Maggies will love you. Where are your priorites? Cat or sound? Are you a true audiophool? Look, there's adoption, drive a 100 miles away and leave that baby in the woods, euthanize at your local Vet, or just make him an outdoor cat. Oops, I almost forgot: can the girlfriend. lol... peace, warren
I agree with Slappy's solution, though I would use AC power from your wall :)
I would build the cardboard slipcovers mentioned above. Yes, if kitty scratches your current grills, kitty can hurt maggies. :-(

When I lived back home and had Acoustats, I took the 5kv bias wire from the panel's transformer and touched them to each "curious" kitty's nose. It didn't hurt (read: kill) them, and they quickly lost interest in the ENTIRE STEREO forever. Can't really do that with Maggies though.

I say the cardboard slipcovers or a locked, dedicated room. Also some cats like to chew on the cables and hot sauce works well in that case. :-/