Time to reflect - why do you post on Audiogon.....

Obviously the majority of posters are seeking help making decisions about purchases, but there exists an underlying group of regular contributors and it is to these folks that I address this question. I'll start -

I love this hobby and music. I've gotten valuble help over the years, as well as having been skinned by opportunists and my own imagination. When I discovered this site a few years ago it appeared to be an excellent place for me to help those whom I can to enjoy the hobby as I do and, at the same time, provide a few with warnings about certain pitfalls and myths. I do not work in the industry nor do I sell product (not even my own stuff - you have to see my closet!) My reward comes on those few occasions when I know I have helped some one or even rarer occasions when some one takes a moment to say thanks.

Why do you post?
newbee
You won't catch me with those big manhands, I'll just keep sliding away zig zagging my way through the aisles of toyland using my special one foot lifted behind me style.

You're not my Daddy!!! Pokey is!

Pokey! Pokey! Pokey!

Art...

...Marco Clokey?

Please help me Audiogoners!

Protect me from this mean man who grabs me by one of my legs and throws me spinning in the air like whirling top.

Yeah, you might think it would fun flying through the air like a little green clay propellor, but doing that always ends up splitting me in half from the crotch up.

You think Mr. Bill had it tough? He's dead and long been toxic fish food since Sluggo sent him down the shower drain.

But Ajax2 won't let me die! He just keeps using me as his tiny green plaything, throwing and spinning me.

Then he takes pictures of me all split up in his "studio" and posts them on the internet. Go look at them:

www.jax2.com/audiogon/dungeon/greenboy/nudepics.htm

HELP!!
Wait a minute. Whats going on here?..Marco?..Mejames?..Gunbei???..Hey.. your not going to bring that SS vs.Tube stuff to this thread now are you? HA! I love it!-
It's the community. Great people who love music and are willing to share and disagree agreeably.

Besides which, hell ... who else can I talk to about this stuff ??? ;-)
I used to think this was a safe helpful community, if not a little anal, but after the last few comments, I'm afraid! What were marco and Gunbei like before they started posting here? It's not the site that did that, is it?!?

Somebody hand me the pliers!
Nrchy - I was a Baptist minister before Audiogon showed me the error in my ways. I went into one of their twelve-step programs. Had the shakes something fierce, thought I wasn't going to make it. Met the GreenMan over there at the clinic and he helped me through it. One look at him with his slanted head, green complexion, and absense of any genitals or even a crack to down there to relieve himself and I knew I was in the right place. If he could do it, so could I. Now I worship tubes and denounce all others. You know what we say about tubes: If it ain't hot and hard, it ain't worth a f*%k!

Marco