A serious blow to Canadian audiophiles, must read

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3792843/

I love the third paragraph. Sorry to see that the Canadian court's decision has destroyed the patriotism of our north of the border friends. Hopefully the Candian audio industry can weather this setback!
thsalmon
Swampwalker - Absolutely agreed; drugs/alchohol and driving/operating heavy machinery and automobiles should not be mixed. I didn't mean to imply otherwise, but I see where you may have infered that from what I wrote (thank you for bringing it to my attention). I do believe the physical impairments resulting from achohol abuse are greater than those from the abuse of marijuana. Neither should be considered as an acceptable precurser to driving and, yes, penalties should be made very stiff. Anyone who's been victamized by such an abuse, as I have, will likely agree there is simply no excuse for that kind of disregard for others. All too many have lost loved ones to such selfish and thoughtless behavior. I cannot imagine the impact and depth of such a loss. Yet it happens every day!

Marco
Marco- I did not think that you endorsed driving while under the influence. I just wanted to point out that for those whose experience may be 20-30 yrs old, that things have changed dramatically. Its like the difference between 3.2 beer and 200 proof grain alcohol. Happy Holidays to all!
The industry that has been created to track, arrest, build prisons, prosecute, defend, incarcerate and manage the probation/parole of pot users is so vast that nobody has any dollar figures. It's absolutely insane. It can't be stopped and the profits are now going to some very unsavory characters. This is a system? Well, give me a break. Swampwalker, I don't know where you were in the old days but the shit then was as good as the shit now and one hell of a lot cheaper. Addiction is what everyone fears but consider all the other things that such a person can become addicted to. Hell, take away all mind altering substances and an addictive personality will overindulge in sex, work or some other harmful activity such as AUDIO.
The government sanctioned recreational drug, alcohol is a far more dangerous drug than pot. I dont know of anyone who beat their wife, lost there family, wreaked their car, killed someone on the highway or in a rage.....because they smoked pot. The 'war on drugs' is really the war against drugs that the government, or big contributor pharmaceutical companies are not making their dime on. That being said, I can hear better without any drugs in my system. But to each his own, moderation is advised.....cheers, and heres a light.....
1) Pot is a stimulant, alcohol is a depressant
2) While I wouldn't choose to get in a vehicle operated by, or be operated on by a surgeon who was under the influence of either, if I was forced to, I'd take my chances with the one under the influence of THC every time
3) I don't know how old you are Lugnut, but I'd agree with Swampwalker that current pot is much more potent than the stuff from 20-30 years ago-simply a matter of improving technology and agriculture
4) North American governments waste hideous amounts of money needlessly incarcerating people with small amounts of pot for personal use; they should legalize or at least decriminalize possession of small amounts for such purpose but enforce laws similar to those relating to alcohol with respect to operating machinery
5) Tax it and improve the economy
6) Governments should not be involved in growing; the Canadian government has already proven how hopeless this concept is-medicinal users have returned government pot because of its poor quality!

It is simply absurd that alcohol and tobacco are legal and that pot is not.