Who's the Cadillac of Hi-End Audio?

In "Get Shorty" John Travolta's character arrives in Los Angeles and the only car available at the rental agency is a minivan. Throughout the film people question why he's driving such an "uncool" vehicle and his character's response is "It's the Cadillac of minivans." By the end of the film everybody is driving the Cadillac of minivans.

Being that cars and hi-end audio have absolutely nothing to do with each other, notwithstanding so called hi-end auto systems, what company do you think is the Cadillac of hi-end audio? What's the Porsche? What's the Dodge Dart? Is any hi-end company as quirky as Saab? For that matter, what's the Harley-Davidson of hi-end audio?

My vote for the Cadillac goes to McIntosh. Both are old school companies with proud histories. Yet each offers products that while not cutting edge, are quite modern. Still, there are no documented cases of anyone under the age of 50 having purchased either brand within the last 30 years.

Except for my answer there are no wrong or right answer responses. Use you imagination and freely express your biases and preconceived notions.
128x128onhwy61
Cadillac has got to be McIntosh. Rega has to be the Lotus Elyse or TRV of turntables!
Cadillac has long been more image than substance, so MacIntosh would seem to fit.

Nissan would be a good comparison to Sony. Lots of money, can build good products but prefers to stay 'mass market.'

Audi matches up well with Krell, in my mind. I refer to the German use models, not the go karts they import. I rented an A4 TDI about a year ago and took it out on the Autobahn. My 13 year old son and I got the little A4 up to 131 mph. It went pretty good for a little car. The better Krell is more like a TT Coupe, lots of muscle, with just enough comfort to make the driver happy.
Sorry all you Cadillac bashers - but Cadillac has several new models out that are quite different than past offerings.
The XLR two seater is an aluminum and carbon fiber bodied sports car with the latest Corvette engine inside. And there is a new performance version of the CTS that will kick butt on any Lexus or Infinity you see on the freeway.
No - it probably won't outrun a 7 series BMW or an AMG Mercedes - but look at the price points before you make some comparisons.
Avideo: quite right, but make sure you get a deal on any real production Cadillac product because I am sure the resale value is probably not the best. Cadillac still can't get that change of image right: the multi-faceted body design, supposedly reminiscent of stealth aircraft looks, is bad. When you look at the overall shape (that square front end with those horrible headlamps) and then at the retro touches in the taillights and trunk lift on the CTS, you have to head for the exit. The time when it could be said that nobody could go broke underestimating the taste of the American public is pretty well gone. Do you know very many people under seventy that want to be seen driving around in a Caddy these days? Oh, and don’t get me started on their SUVs and, oh mercy, Pickup trucks! GM has lost its way many long years ago and is still, pretty much, out in the wilderness.