Best 845 tube out there?

I am running a pair of Cary CAD-211AE monoblocks with the standard no-name Chinese tubes shipped by Cary. Whilst I am happy with the sound, I think I should buy a pair of 845's to keep as backup in case something happens to these tubes.

Because I will need to buy FOUR of them, this rules out any tube that sells for stupid money (e.g. vintage RCA 845 tubes).

The only current production 845's I am aware of are:

- Shuguang 845 "standard"
- Shuguang 845B
- Shuguang 845C
- Shuguang PSVANE 845
- KR Audio 845

I have found reviews of the Shuguang 845B and 845C, but there is virtually no information out there on the new Shuguang "psvane" 845. Has anybody heard this valve, and is it a noticable improvement over the 845B and C? Also, what do people think of the KR?
amfibius
Goldeneraguy I have Sophia 845 amps, the ultimate top of the line ones, with their brand of tubes. Their tubes have reliability problems and are merely rebranded TJ. When you try to get a refund warranty Richard just blames you and offers you a new one at half the price. That is still more then a shuguang Metal plate and they do not sound as good.
Also I have had five power transformer failures they combine a filament transformer in the power transformer and filament winding keeps failing. Finally modded the unit and put in separate power and filament transformers by Hammond and have not since had a problem.
Goldeneraguy I have Sophia 845 amps, the ultimate top of the line ones, with their brand of tubes. Their tubes have reliability problems and are merely rebranded TJ. When you try to get a refund warranty Richard just blames you and offers you a new one at half the price. That is still more then a shuguang Metal plate and they do not sound as good.
Also I have had five power transformer failures they combine a filament transformer in the power transformer and filament winding keeps failing. Finally modded the unit and put in separate power and filament transformers by Hammond and have not since had a problem.
I would have gotten rid of p.m. but I do love how they sound. They do rock and do everything perfectly.
Sorry to hear about your problem with Sophia.You would think that at the very least tubes that are chosen to be used by the mfg. of the amp would not sound bad.
in the past i purchased 845B tubes from Sophia and had no problems.
But as you know anything can happen in this hobby.
Hello all.

i am listening to a Unison Absolute 845. At the Moment i am listening with WE 845 and it sounds great. Best sound i listened to.
Fantastic tubes. I am planing to buy a Quad of KR 845 and i wonder if anyone here knows if they work with the Unison, since there heating filament is only 1 A? Did anyone compared those 2 tubes?
I was listening to the Elorogs as well, but there fabrication level is not really nice for 1400Euros Pair.
Post removed