Analog a dying breed

I spoke with a dealer today and we discussed the business of hi-end audio. He feels that in 10-15 years the analog market will not exist. He says the younger generation is
not interested in vinyl. Do you think this dealer is correct.
taters
Zaikesman..."Audiophilecentric" really does not describe me...after all I did persevere to listen to these historic recordings in spite of their problems. Your suggestion that they might have been 78s may well be correct, and perhaps the program producers did not use proper equalization, thus aggravating the problem.

As to rumble on my own TT...it's no worse that other high end systems that I have heard, but, as I have commented in the past, it remains, along with surface noise and dust accumulation on the stylus, a real impediment to my enjoyment of the underlying good sound of vinyl.

Not dead perhaps, but how long will the life support be continued? In line with that analogy...I have not "pulled the plug" in my own system by getting rid of the TT. A sentimental issue mostly.
Man, I just can't listen to CDs for more than an hour or two. For me, vinyl isn't sentimental - it's a necessity.

Patrick
I like the scenes in movies where turntables are used by the characters or they give vinyl a "plug", like in High Fidelity (John Cusack, Jack Black)......and how can we forget Nicholas Cage in "The Rock"? He gets a package in the mail containing LPs, and he gets all excited. I can't remember all of the dialog, but a coworker makes a comment about his collecting, his being behind the times, etc., and Nick defends his buying decisions and says, "Besides, these sound better." !!
I know people who have good turntables and clean records and their kids, like mine, always come sniffing around. They are interested, and agree that there is something very good about the sound coming off of those big black discs.
As long as they sound good (no problem there!) and there is a supply of software and hardware, there will be buyers. If the vinyl/turntable business ever dies-off, it won't be because they don't sound good. It will because of marketing (bottom-line MONEY) decisions by some bean-counting weenies who don't care about Audio.