Analog a dying breed

I spoke with a dealer today and we discussed the business of hi-end audio. He feels that in 10-15 years the analog market will not exist. He says the younger generation is
not interested in vinyl. Do you think this dealer is correct.
taters
Yes, I can't see analog dying either. I sometimes wonder if SACD is not destined for a short life, instead.

Lots of the people I play music for have heard that "vinyl is better" and are pleased to have it proved to them in my living room. That doesn't necessarily translate into sales of music or equipment, of course, but it's interesting. I have heard some very nice CD playback in the last couple of years, much better than I once thought the medium could provide; I have not yet heard a demo of SACD that I thought was much better.

Sometimes I wonder too if the new formats are not being supported by the companies mainly because they see their patents on CD running out.

To support analog, for a dealer, is to work against the current today. He has to have heard it sound better than digital, be able to demo that, work to sell his conviction and then support the lonely analog buff afterward. It's a big commitment.
That`s funny I wonder if he has seen the equ being manufactured by many different companies. Price`s between .5K to 70K (Rockport Tech) with that said there is a price point for everyone interested. And look at record`s 120gr, 180gr, 200gr, 45RPM, 1/2 speed remasters I personaly feel it is stonger than ever. David
Vinyl sales are up worldwide this year compared to last year. Still tiny compared to CDs of course.
Speaking as someone who actually purchased a turntable today (a cheap Technics for my dad for Xmas), I'd say your dealer is half-right. Most of what's keeping turntable manufacturers going these days is boomers (and older, like my dad) who have record collections they want to play, and that market is going to shrink over time, for obvious if sad reasons. OTOH, there will always be an audiophile niche, and companies willing to fill that niche.
I can see that 15 to 20 years from today that vinyl will become a truly niche market, similar to reel to reel tape today. A typical 15 year old today has never seen a record. They have no more interest in vinyl than black and white silent movies.