Rogue vs ARC

I wonder the Rogue M150 or M180 is on par with the VT100 or Ref 110 from Audio Research. They seems to be voiced as moden tube sound but I have not been able to listen to the Rogue.
luna
I have never owned ARC gear, but from the several times I have heard ARC based systems, I have been impressed. However, I am an extremely happy owner of a Rogue Audio
Cronus, and it is truly a wonderful amplifier. It's approaching its third birthday, and it makes wonderful music. It's built to extremely high standards, and I have always been treated very well by Nick and Mark at Rogue. They have been there to give me support and advice whenever needed, and I think the company is getting better and better. Happy Listening.
I cant believe that rogue is not selling more m180s because they are a giant killer. You get so much for your money, a true value in today's market. Yes you can get better sound, but usually for a LOT more money.
Agreed. I got a set of the "lowly" M150's and am blown away how good these sound. A friend, who used to sell Rogue (he has a lot of other high-end brands) had trouble selling them due to low brand awareness, but when I mentioned that I was interested in auditioning my M150's against a MC352 McIntosh he had laying around, he said "don't bother, your M150 will blow it out of the water. I would take it over an MC402 as well". And, Mac is his biggest line...I have spent a lot of money auditioning amps in this price range, and this was really the only one that raised the bar of my system instead of just being a lateral move. It truly punches above it's weight, especially with good tubes. Bass, soundstage depth, female vocals all sound as good as I have heard in my system, and clarity is almost as good as a $6k set of solid state monos I recently had on loan.

Whether it is better than ARC, I can't say. A guy in town has the REF 110's, so maybe I can bring my amps to his place and we can A/B them. I know the REF110 has a bigger name and costs more, but in audio, that means less than nothing without hearing them side-by-side.
Post removed