How many AudiogoNers are amateur chefs?

I know this is WAY off topic, but I am curious as to how many of you folks fancy yourselves as amateur chefs. I ask this as I just completed my first day of culinary school. This is not a school for training pros (we meet on Fridays for the day), but for those folks who want to become better cooks, learning to prepare menus, pairing foods and wines, etc. I still have my full-time profession, so this is for home.
slipknot1
Interesting post. Culinary arts and music appreciation are similar as they share the presence of the senses . Passion , dedication and perserverance are tools both fields have in common to offer the inclined . Prpixel is in all probability the cooking champ of the forum as his credentials speak volumes . I find comfort behind my 6 top gas Viking in that I am the master of that domain and I cut myself off from the pressures of the ongoing world around me. I am as meticulous in the uniform dicing of each strand of vegetable as I am the matching of my power cords. This is analogous to the immersion we all drift into when we close our eyes and sink into our systems. Both are sensual mediums. Both take intense commitment to achieve perfection .
Cooking is fun to be sure. I do a fair bit of it... lately been into Cambodian a lot, and some other asian cuisines. I *really* enjoy making sushi. I learned how, and then taught most of my friends who are also sushi addicts. Now, we rotate sushi parties once every few weeks at each others houses. A great time, and WAY cheaper than going out for sushi.

-Ed
The person that i was speaking about has already responded to this thread ( quite humbly i might add ). For the record and just to keep the rest of you guessing, NO, it was NOT Matty with his balogna sandwiches : ) Sean
>

PS... why is it spelled like you would say it bah-log-na when we call it "buh-low-nee" ??? Must be won of dem dare fouren based werds : )
I live where I can go from cold sesame noodles in Chinatown to LeBernadin in a flash. But every once in awhile, give me a good tube steak with all the fixings or a Cheesburger, cheeseburger; and I'm in heaven. Also, if you don't leave in or near (enough to get into the city) the Big Apple, you haven't a clue what amazing pizza is. Still the best deal going ($), wise in the food kingdom. I'm getting hungry. bona petit, warren