Send music from computer to Receiver?

I am wondering if you can send music from my computer to my reciever.
I just recently purchased a Yamaha RX-Z1 receiver. I have quite a few songs that I enjoy and would like to connect my computer through a sound card to my receiver. When I am entertaining I would like to play a certain group of songs sent from my computer to receiver. I don't know if its possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
blusky
My sound card did not sound good when I did this. I bought an outboard USB dac which works and sounds great. Try stereo-link.com to buy one of these. I think they are around $129.
Why don't you just buy the CD or LP at a record store- Support the artists. Think of it as a contribution to their creative endeavours and the future of music...
Thanks Sogood51 and [email protected] for your help. I will look at the site you said.
[email protected] I still buy plenty of cd's. Thanks.
I do this with my laptop all the time, we get files on the work LAN, then when I get home I have a cable from my headphone output on the laptop, and I plug this into the AUX L/R inputs on the receiver, and fire away !!

The quality sounds fine to me, but being an audiophile I am starting investigations to see what the actual quality is in Hz, bits, etc