Dedicated line vs. power conditioner

I've pretty much found the gear for my "keeper" system. Now, I'm turning my attention to the little things that make a system sound its best. Which is the better tweak, running one or more dedicated power lines to my audio gear, or investing in a high quality line conditioner? I've heard arguments both ways. Some say the line conditioner is better because there is "junk" coming in even with a dedicated line. Others say you'll never know true power and dynamics without a 20 or 30 amp line. Any thoughts?
macm
Alex has a great idea. Per The 1999 National Electrical Code, 210-11, C -2.

Laundry Branch Circuits: In addition to the number of branch circuits required by other parts of this section, at least one additional 20-ampere branch circuit shall be provided to supply the laundry receptacle outlet(s) required by Section 210-52(f). This circuit shall have no other outlets.
Thanks everyone for your advice, experience and suggestions. Sounds like the dedicated line is the better way to go. Now for my next question: How do I explain to my wife that the "perfectly good" outlets in my listening room need a $300 upgrade?...
What if you're living in an apartment building? What options would I have, if any? I currently own a Tice AV Solo and bought a Leviton 20 amp hospital grade outlet.
I bought a VansEvers Unlimiter to plug my amps into, and it made an immediate and dramatic improvement in stage, dynamic range, inner detail etc. Then I bought a VansEvers Model 85 Reference power conditioner for everything else -- CD transport, Genesis Lens, DAC, preamp and crossover. It gave me the same improvement all over again. Now I'm working on the dedicated AC lines. According to Mike VansEvers, digital components "talk" to one another through their power supplies, so until you get a power conditioner with the proper filtering to stop this, you're losing detail. I know it's true because I could hear the startling
improvement when I did it.