Fast Amplifier

What exactly is meant by the term "a fast amplifier", have heard this term used by non technical people, including sales people.
poulkirk313e
I was just going to post a similair thread, GOOD TIMING. I was playing around with different footer and shelf materials and was amazed at how the pace changes with different combinations. I don't get it, I see how the electronics can play a part, but why cones and base material?
I must admit to placing a bit of a teaser re my question about "Fast Amplifier" I have always felt, and demonstrated by this by listening tests that an amplifier where the bandwidth of the input signal is deliberately limited by a simple two stage passive RC network to be say 1 dB down at 25 KHz, and say 3 dB down at 35 KHz sounds better on actual music program than amplifiers not so bandwidth limited. The RC network should preferably be inside the amplifier, directly at the input, ahead of any active amplification. This network, presuming that the amplifier power output stage is a quality one, and have a respectably high slew rate would serve to limit the bandwidth of the input signal to something that the actual power stages can handle. Overtaking or exceeding the bandwidth of the power output stage will cause switching problems at crossover, and feedback phase problems leading to bad quality sound. Any comments.
Your findings are only limited by the equipment that you've used and have seen in production. There were prototype amps made back in the early 80's that slewed at 1000 V / uS and had rise times as fast as those mentioned for the preamp in my previous post. Unfortunately, those prototypes were never put into production as the designer changed avocations and went into designing and manufacturing equipment for nuclear power plants. Sean
>