CD player finally died. Need rec.

Help!!! My Sonagraphe CD player has finally expired. It gave me over 6 years of great sound, but it has now been silenced. I want to replace it with a DVD/CD player, but, I don't know of any that are Reference quality at a good deal. On the other hand, should I stick with CD only for now??? Please help!!! I want to buy today.
bday0000
Gee, everybody's gone ape$#!+ in this thread the last couple of days! HERE'S MY LONG AND BORING PHILOSOPHY (heh heh): It's almost impossible to get truely highend sound from CD if you're spending less than $1000 on a player (DVD or CD). I'M GLAD "DRUMSGREG" IS CONSIDERING A CD50. He won't be disappointed. I agree with "David99" (except he needs to change his name to "David2000", or "00", heh heh). Below $1000 or so, vinyl will beat CD BY QUITE A BIT. But the perentage of the total potential of each format is more or less the same in the $1000 to $4000 range (which means vinyl of course still beats CD, but by not quite as wide a margin). I AGREE IT CAN BE A PAIN TO DO THE BLACK DISC RITUAL SOMETIMES, that's why I enjoy both CD and LP...I THOUGHT A GREAT MANY OF US DID/DO...And in 5 or 10 years, we'll all be enjoying CD, LP, and additionally whatever high rez digital format takes off by then. ALL THAT SAID, the new affordable upsampling DACS from Perpetual technologies, MSB, and Bel Canto SHOULD DEFINITELY HOLD ALL OF OUR ATTENTION, WHERE QUALITY AFFORDABLE CD PLAYBACK IS CONCERNED...
I have had wonderful sound from my Audiolab 8000 CD player. This is the all-in-one unit. Check the reviews and try to audition one. Your ears will tell you what to get.
That was pretty good carl about "david2000". Sometimes you crack me up. How about you keep putting energy in being funny and not stubborn? (please take that as lightly as it was meant to be).
I recently purchased the Muse 8 DVD for a transport and the Bel Canto DAC and was floored at how good the sound is after break-in. I now realise how awful my Linn karik and numerik sounded. You must let digital equipment break-in for at least 100 hours. Most people expect quality sound as soon as they open the box thats why you see all this equipment for sale only after being purchased for a few weeks.
Sorry you felt it necessary to complain about me to the man. You'll notice I'll be scaling myself down from now on, so as to fit on this site and its regulations.