Sound stage

I have heard a lot (from sale people) about sound staging, so I would like some in put from all members of this NG. >>What is an IDEAL sound stage? DEPTH( from the front of the speakers), WIDE(extented from speakers), HEIGHT(from the floor)<<. Any inputs will be Appreciated..
qroger
Yep it is those sales persons again.. most commonly they mean to to say that you can hear the surroundings of the musicians, or at least the effect on the sound it has had.sound that comes loose from the speakers .. as always: close eyes and try to picture the setup, does it tally ???? not a jazzclub turned into a cathedral and vice versa..
<< I have heard a lot (from sale people) about sound staging, so I would like some in put from all members of this NG. >>What is an IDEAL sound stage? DEPTH( from the front of the speakers), WIDE(extented from speakers), HEIGHT(from the floor)<<. Any inputs will be Appreciated.. >> 
<< I have heard a lot (from sale people) about sound staging, so I would like some in put from all members of this NG. >>What is an IDEAL sound stage? DEPTH( from the front of the speakers), WIDE(extented from speakers), HEIGHT(from the floor)<<. Any inputs will be Appreciated.. >> 
<< I have heard a lot (from sale people) about sound staging, so I would like some in put from all members of this NG. >>What is an IDEAL sound stage? DEPTH( from the front of the speakers), WIDE(extented from speakers), HEIGHT(from the floor)<<. Any inputs will be Appreciated.. Another trick used to create "Soundstage effects" is Binaural Recordings. This is a lot better through headphones but with two highly resolving speakers, sounds will come at you from everywhere. These are expensive (relatively speaking) recordings. CD's cost between $15.00 and $40.00 EACH. But if you hear a really excellent recording, you would gladly part with a $100. if they had cost that much. >> 
I've forgotten how to figure out the impedence for the old Dynaquad adaptor. I'm using Ohm Walsh 2 speakers (4ohms) in front and old Spendor 8ohms in the back. Talk about soundstaging, but I've wondered what kind of load this is putting on my B&K ST1400 amp. It seems to be working without any problems.