Isolated Ground Outlets Hosp Grade vs Audiophile

Hello All -

I'm in the process of completing the listening room construction. I've put in two isolated ground dedicated circuits, 20A each. The conduit is metal, the boxes are metal. I need isolated ground outlets for the boxes. Hospital grade versions are made by Leviton, Hubbell, and Pass & Seymour. Many of the "audiophile" outlets available are not isolated ground. Should I just go get some hospital grade IG outlets from my local electrical supply house (around $20 each), or look around for audiophile versions (atleast $50 each).

I could always loose the ground isolation and use more affordable audiophile outlets. I don't know which is more important. I just figure I went to the trouble of putting in IG dedicated circuits, I should use IG outlets. I figure hospital grade outlets ought to be pretty good. Any thoughts? Thanks.
peter_s
I use PS Audio Power Ports and are very happy with them and as Gs5556 mentions I believe they are isolated ground. I have used Pass & Seymore Hospital Grade in the past and feel they are adequate as well.

Chuck
Since you have metal conduit which is bonded to the electrical system ground, and boxes that are also metal and bonded; you definitely need isolated ground receptacles. These are useless in plastic boxes. The only difference between a regular receptacle and iso. ground is that the device yoke in not continuous with the grounding terminal; meaning that your yoke and box cover are not bonded. I don't think much noise enters the system through device yokes, but a large metal outlet cover could possible transfer some noise. The NEC requires that all metal enclosures be grounded so this is unavoidable. Unfortunately grounding in itself is not a remedy for noise because the stray voltages see it as impedence causing current to flow.
Peter, Furutech FP-15A receptacles are isolated ground. I've found them to be better than the non-audiophile IG brands. Also, the contact material thickness in the Furutechs is 1.2mm versus 0.8mm in the other brands.