What will be better?

Hello

I need some input from the experts here at AudioGon. What will be better sonicly to help to control resonances,Ecos and in General acoustically a woden floor or carpet.If it's carpet, is there any particular one to use.I will used my system that I'm putting together, first as a 2 channel stereo and then I will incorporate the the center channel and surrounds.The floor right now is made out of tiles and I must say, there is a lot of Ecos in the house, particular in the living room, that's were I'm planinig to replace the floor.So you have an Idea.this is a Living Room-dining room.In other words, there is no wall between the dinning room and the living room.There is so much echo, that when somebody is talking from the kitchen and you are sitting in the living room all you hear is the person talking but you can not understand a thing, unless you talk really loud.Also the roof in the section of the living room is Slanted ,if that information helps. Any help willl be highly appreciated.
armandito
if you havent already,you should check out the archives while you are waiting for suggestions. There is a lot of information there about room treatments in general, but also some information about rooms similar to yours. This could be helpful, at least until some more expertise arrives in this thread. Just enter in the various bones of your question- for instance, live, ceiling ,floor, tame, echo-something like this,and see what comes up. Another resource, in any event.
Timf let me ask you.I don't want to look dumb, where are the archives? I was loooking for it with no luck.