AC in-wall cbl for ded circ - enlighten the idiot

i am having an electrician put in a dedicated 20A circuit to a FIM outlet for my audio system. initially, i was just gonna have him use 10 guage whatever wire he recommended. now i've done some research, though, and i've found that some companies that make PCs and ICs are making in-wall cable for exactly what i'm doing. jpslabs sells ac in-wall cable that's ludicrously expensive (15 - 20 a ft) and virtual dynamics sells one that's cryo'd, cable-cooked, and reasonably priced (3.50 a ft).

now, the jpslabs cable is UL/CSA listed for in-wall use. as far as i know, the VD stuff isn't.

my questions are as follows:

is this something i with which i need to be concerned?

will i be breaking some code if i install the VD stuff?

with the in-wall cabling police set up a perimeter around my house and bust me the next time i leave for work?

if so, do they allow for conjugal visits whilst serving time?

and, does anybody have any experience with either of these? (the wires, i mean)

thanks and good day to ye,
-laztheresidentidiot
lazarus28
sean - thank you *very* much for the response - very informative!

alexanderj - i'm in no way challenging your statement, but if that is so, how can companies offer products as such? or perhaps it does meet certification, and it is just not posted on the webpage? i'll email the company and let you know what i hear.
One acquaintance, who is a contractor and an audiophile, ran a dedicated line. He then ran an isolated ground going to a copper grounding rod he drove into the ground with his rotary hammer -- Home-Depot stuff. He said he thought the isolated ground did more to clean up sound than having the dedicated line. As far as insulating from AC-noise producing appliances, it has always seemed to me that everything in the house wires together with your dedicted line at the breaker box anyway -- that's how home networking systems can go through household wiring. My understanding of the benefit of the dedicated line is if you have other power-hungry appliances on the same circuit, competing with your amp, and to go up to a 20 amp circuit from a 15 amp circuit.

I recently moved my system into another room, and now when I power up the SFS-80 amp, the outside flourescent light fixtures momentarily flick off, so maybe I do need a dedicated line!

Tom
Laz - Two thoughts: 1) As Tom said, the isolated ground will do wonders. 2) You don't mention the length of the run, but balk at costs, so I assume it is long. If you go with convention AWG 10-2 w/ground, rather than the conduit. GET SHIELDED WIRE! This will provide the RF rejection you need. It is a little more $$$, but not insanely so. Good Luck.