What does Current mean in a power amp???

I need a high (at least that is what I am told) current amp to drive my speakers. What numbers should I be looking for?

I am not a tech person so keep the answers a simple as possible. Thanks to all!
rwd
Correction...
That last sentence was supposed to read, "...I've never read anyone complaining that..."
Sorry for the grammar error.

PS the Plinius SA100 look cool. How does this compare to other amps in it’s price range (~$5000)
Nikki, Brystons arn't bad at all as a budget amps having a huge 20Yr transferable warranty but I heard from many people that they can't drive the speakers that have impedance falls lower than 4Ohms -- they start to clip.
~~~~Seandtaylor99's first post sums it up best as Zaikesman concurs.

A chart of component synergy, preamps / amps / speakers, actually used by members, good results/bad results. Perhaps a starting point for all who wish to try different combinations and avoid proven mismatches. Would need a volunteer to do the spread sheet/chart. Audiogon could have this as a free access page (members only)? Updated regularly as combinations are tried. Anyone care to comment on this idea?

Just The Facts

By
Fbi: Hhang onto your hat. From what i hear through the grapevine, such a "feature" might not be that far down the road. The folks at A-gon have got some really "groovy" tricks up their sleeves from what i've been told.

Marakanetz: I have very limited experience with Plinius products. I have heard a Plinius preamp driving an SA-100 ( don't know if it was an original, Mk II, etc.. ) on one occasion. I was not familiar with the recordings but the front end was a three piece Metronome transport & matching tubed DAC with external power supply. The speakers were custom built sub / sat's with a ribbon tweeter and dual mid-woofers arranged in an MTM. Cables were Kimber if i remember correctly. While i don't know exactly which pieces contributed to what i remember hearing the most, all i know is that the sound was phenomenally hard and sterile and gave me listening fatigue in a matter of minutes. I've been told that the Plinius gear is very smooth and warm sounding, so it makes me wonder just how "bad" the rest of the gear would have had to have been to make things sound the way that it did. Sean
>