What does Current mean in a power amp???

I need a high (at least that is what I am told) current amp to drive my speakers. What numbers should I be looking for?

I am not a tech person so keep the answers a simple as possible. Thanks to all!
rwd
Sean, the equation I've mentioned is not as simple and yes, this equation is being used to specify the speaker impedance curve in responce to any particular freequency. The reactance is a directional part of an overall impedance and resulting vector of reactance can be negative and that's when the impedance falls can occur.

Indeed the music is a complex signal having lots of harmonics and subharmonics but it's more arithmetics still since the numbers we work here with is finite and can be calculated. The theory states that the signal of any arbitrary form or complexity can be represented by the sum of sine waves of different order(Fourier theorem) which means that the freequency(to be more precise a sinusoidal freequency components) of an arbitrary form signal can be defined using Fourier theorem.

As to your statement about the differences in sound with relatively same capabilities amps and the speakers first of all they're assume will be not too much audiable, second there is a specific formula but truly it doesn't make a sence to excersise it untill you find the family of infinitessimal values specifying these nano-ohms and nano-volts once again using a Fourier theorem along with Ohm's law.

As to the good amp formula so not to be so exhausted calculating limits using a complexed engineering formulas(certainly applied in more sophisticated amplifiers than audio) you're completely right and I believe that Plinius SA100 falls in this category.
In defense of the Bryston
Stereophile measured a Bryston 9B-SST (THX at the time) and said it had no problem delivering it’s rated 120 wpc with all five channels driven. I’m mentioning this amp because it was the only Bryston review on Stereophile’s web site. Say what you will about the musicality of Bryston products but I’ve read anyone complain that they did not meet their rated power.
Correction...
That last sentence was supposed to read, "...I've never read anyone complaining that..."
Sorry for the grammar error.

PS the Plinius SA100 look cool. How does this compare to other amps in it’s price range (~$5000)
Nikki, Brystons arn't bad at all as a budget amps having a huge 20Yr transferable warranty but I heard from many people that they can't drive the speakers that have impedance falls lower than 4Ohms -- they start to clip.
~~~~Seandtaylor99's first post sums it up best as Zaikesman concurs.

A chart of component synergy, preamps / amps / speakers, actually used by members, good results/bad results. Perhaps a starting point for all who wish to try different combinations and avoid proven mismatches. Would need a volunteer to do the spread sheet/chart. Audiogon could have this as a free access page (members only)? Updated regularly as combinations are tried. Anyone care to comment on this idea?

Just The Facts

By