Any tricks to keep cats away from speaker grills?

Hi all,
I have cats and they finally damaged one of my speaker grills. I know that the reflex would be to inflict pain to them but I would prefer to use a passive/preventive method.

thanks
miket2us
Some people cryogenically treat their cables. Try it with the cat, and I guarantee you won't have the problem again.
My tactic is a dedicated room with a shut door. I ended up conditioning them to never enter that room (different color carpet). So in case I do leave the open, they usually stay out.

And they know I mean business too. I lost several cone surrounds and an entire subwoofer but trying the "leave the grills off" tactic. I even caught one of them "trying to mark his territory" on my left speaker. I got both of them "fixed" and de-clawed the next day. Pretty much from that day forward those cats *knew* who was in charge. And they've been angels ever since. ;-)

In the cats' I scrubbed the speaker down and moved the system over to my brother's place. Then I eventually said up said dedicated listening room. No problems anymore...
aj: as i read the ad from sharper image, you'd need one of them there pet peeves for EVERY piece of furniture from which you wish to ban your cat. that's a lot of $$ to spend on a device that replicates commands a cat wouldn't respond to if delivered in person. i think you can buy a gross of mouse traps for the price of a single pet peeve. and i KNOW cats respond to a mouse traps, even if you're not around. :o) -k
I love cats.I have four of them. They are not allowed in my listening room unless I am there. 2001impala's idea works great with my beasts. I am at the point I don't even have to spray them. When they see me pick up my squirt gun, they run. Very effective. They seem to enjoy my music very much. I have one that runs from the room when Dylan plays his harmonica.
I have used double sided tape at strategic spots on furniture and speakers to deter cats - they hate the sticky feeling of the tape.