Any tricks to keep cats away from speaker grills?

Hi all,
I have cats and they finally damaged one of my speaker grills. I know that the reflex would be to inflict pain to them but I would prefer to use a passive/preventive method.

thanks
miket2us
All you need is a spray bottle of water when they get near the speakers douse them a few times, works like a charm. As far as the repellents go I have tried several and found them to be uneffective.

Damon
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview.jhtml?sku=SI478GRY

Pet Peeve Ultrasonic Trainer
#SI478GRY
$39.95

Keep pets off furniture — even when you're not at home!

Record a command to your pet ("Off the chair, Rover!") up to 10 seconds long.
If your pet jumps on furniture, a motion/vibration sensor is triggered.
Sensor causes playback of your command and a safe ultrasonic alert.
Features adjustable sensor sensitivity and ultrasonic alert-only option.

Of course, this is assuming that your cats actually LISTEN to you :-)

The water bottle works wonders. You just have to be consistent and get them each time they go near it.

Best of luck,
Angela
Some people cryogenically treat their cables. Try it with the cat, and I guarantee you won't have the problem again.
My tactic is a dedicated room with a shut door. I ended up conditioning them to never enter that room (different color carpet). So in case I do leave the open, they usually stay out.

And they know I mean business too. I lost several cone surrounds and an entire subwoofer but trying the "leave the grills off" tactic. I even caught one of them "trying to mark his territory" on my left speaker. I got both of them "fixed" and de-clawed the next day. Pretty much from that day forward those cats *knew* who was in charge. And they've been angels ever since. ;-)

In the cats' I scrubbed the speaker down and moved the system over to my brother's place. Then I eventually said up said dedicated listening room. No problems anymore...