Moving to New Zealand from USA Now What?????

OK so do I sell all my equipment, Buy new Stuff once I hit NZ or do I take it and Have it converted?

How available is audiophile gear in NZ?

My system consists of
Myryad pre amp
Toshiba sd-9200
Rel Storm
Mesa Boggie Baron
Citation 5.1 amp

Thanks!!!!

J
vongwinner
Thanks for all the advice!

I will be living in or around Auckland-at least at first. The plan is to pack up move, buy a car and drive all over the country. Figure out where we ant to live ect...

I Know that Mesa can convert the amp for me, However I just did not know how common audiophile equipment was in NZ.

I have another issue with DVDs.....Does anyone know if there is a universal player for all regions and NTSC-PAL????

Is new zealand on PAL?

Anyway thanks for the help. My wife and I feel like we are getting while the getting is good and are looking forward to pushing the reset button on life!!!

Now about the guitar gear....
Again, by analogy with the UK it is common in the UK to find multi-region DVD players, and most any TV that will accept either PAL or NTSC input.
Not so in the US where the electronics market is "parochial" and you must pay through the nose for multi-region/multi-format equipment.
Vongwinner...I hope you are fond of sheep. Near Aukland, don't miss a visit to the Coramandel peninsular. Hot water beach is a ball.
Vong:
Regarding possible custom situations with your gear keep in mind that if the goods are used and not new, the duties applicable might be quite different i.e. for new equipment might be much higher than for used. So do some search on the topic and look for all those receipts with all those valuable purchasing dates on them!!
I have moved two times from one country to another and you should not overlook this.
Good luck!!
Luis
One site you may wish to check is www.audioenz.co.nz

It claims to be NZ's most read hifi magazine and gives some indication of the types/brands of available equipment. Of course, New Zealand does produce some of its own high-end gear - Perreaux (www.perreaux.com) springs to mind - so if you decide to sell your current gear you could always go native!

I'm actually located in Australia so feel obliged to comment on a previous post on Australian tariffs. We actually have pretty low tariffs, around 5%, and now that we have a free trade agreement with the US those tariffs have mostly been removed (except on products like sugar, where you guys insist on protecting your inefficient producers!)