Speakers: all-time worst

What is the all-time worst (home audio speaker systems, not the plastic cabinets or ceiling types) loudspeaker system that you have heard, and why? In other words, the all-time worst value.
wenterprisesnw
Try selling hifi for a living, and the Bose bug will catch you. When asked what I do for a, living I answer: "I sell high end audio". Their reply: "Do you sell Bose?" (often pronounced: "Bossee"). Really gets old.
Gino- What were the results of the guy comparing his Bose radio to your Avalons??? ............................................ .................. Re: Speakers: all-time worst Hey guys-- Not only did Bose speakers suck, they didn't suck very well. Add the Bose Super Radio--or whatever name the thing is currently marketed under--for nearly $400 (you've all seen the ads). It's hyped as sound Nirvana. I've heard one an acquaintance was comparing to my Avalon Arcuses. P.T. was right. By Gino on 04-24-00
I dont know why you are all beating up on Bose. I heard the Acoustimass system last week at a well known chain electronics retailer and was stunned!!! Their purity of tone and bloomy sound stage really was quite special. The presentation was open,airy and detailed without even the mearest hint of the grain or boxiness associated with lesser speakers. Highly recommended and dare I say a contender for class A (Restricted LF)...... OK only joking. These speakers are complete and utter crap! And they ain't cheap!
I dont know why you are all beating up on Bose. I heard the Acoustimass system last week at a well known chain electronics retailer and was stunned!!! Their purity of tone and bloomy sound stage really was quite special. The presentation was open,airy and detailed without even the mearest hint of the grain or boxiness associated with lesser speakers. Highly recommended and dare I say a contender for class A (Restricted LF)...... OK only joking. These speakers are complete and utter crap! And they ain't cheap!
I just don't know why those aweful speakers have such a big market. People only know about bose and JBL. I live in Canada, and the biggest electronic franchise here is FutureShop, they have stores all from Halifax to Victoria. The main speaker stream they carring are JBL, Bose, and Polk. Polk is OK when you look at other two.