Speakers: all-time worst

What is the all-time worst (home audio speaker systems, not the plastic cabinets or ceiling types) loudspeaker system that you have heard, and why? In other words, the all-time worst value.
wenterprisesnw
Bose certainly deserves the all around award for hype, horribleness, and hubris. However, I once heard a pair of cheap Kenwoods that were so bad the manager actually told me to go to another store to buy speakers as a kindness.
I didn't know how much I loved this site until I read all the glowing comments about Bose. I didn't think there were that many people who hated the company as much as I did. The really sad part is that every time a person comes to my home to service something (Air conditioner, telephone, or whatever) they look at my seven foot tall Soundlabs Ultimates and every person says essentially the same thing "I bet those will really blow the walls out!" (or move furniture, or whatever) and then, I'll bet those will even beat my BOSE! (Really?)
Hands-down, bar-none anything Dr. Bose has ever touched. I cringe at the mention of the name. How anyone with any sort of sensory apparatus whatsoever could buy into his sound is way beyond me.