How much does your system retail for?

$23,000 - $24,000 I estimate. (Two channel, this does not include TV, VCR, etc.)

Please, keep the exagerations to a minumum, do not count CD's, equipment you have bought and sold, is packed away that you don't use anymore, etc..

Put the total first so it shows up at the begining of your post.

This is just for fun and curiosity of the diversity on here, don't take it to seriously. Simply evaluate what the retail value of your system is.
brianmgrarcom
Exactly $ 567,045.08.....and that's just the cables.

Now talk about a bragging-rights thread. Makes me want to reconsider this hobby.
Geez, this thread has been around forever, and my post from 2002 of $23,000 is just about half of what it is today, $45,133 more or less.

Many of the same components from then are still in place, but some have been modified at a cost, substantially upgraded, or replaced altogether. Also, inflation has made all the still-available stuff a LOT more expensive, especially cables -- which is about all I own that IS still in production today! (plus my headphones and some accessories; speakers and tuner just recently discontinued)

Go to my virtual system page (about the only thing I keep up to date here, for my own records) and see how that $44,133 is divvied up.

This is *retail* price: the MSRP of the components today or when last available. Thanks to audiogon and keeping some older (and therefore less-expensive) units, my *actual* price paid over the years is substantially less.
I have been very fortunate to only have spent $7-8k and enjoy a system that simple and musical.
Post removed 
first--show me your credentials as a bonafide divorce lawyewe will all need your services