Who's the best blues harp player.

Personally, I think it's a toss up between Sonny Terry, James Cotton and Little Walter. Any Thoughts.
john_fink
Although I am a huge Junior Wells fan (Junior was a superb vocalist as well), I'd have to give the nod overall/all around to Little Walter with respect to playing. Sugar Blue is also a superb modern day player; technically there are not many who can hold a candle to him but I think he finds it difficult to fit his ego into most rooms.
honorable mention-corky seigel,paul jones(ex manfred mann),the late great paul butterfield,the late great keith relf.
-Walter Horton (on the album: "Johnny Winter"),
-Whomever played on "Must Have Done Somebody Wrong" Allmans/Filmore East
-Whomever plays for the 'Stones (Jagger?) particularly "Midnight Rambler"
-Whomever plays for Zepplin (Zep-II, "Bring it on Home")

Sorry I'm such an ignorant music lover...
I am surprised nobody mentioned Howard Levy, the brilliant harmonica/keyboardist who used to play for Bela Fleck's Flecktones. He is the only harmonica player I know that can play sharps and flats on a diatonic harmonica. And who can play harmonica AND piano at the SAME time. And a very good composer in his own right. After Flecktones, he also was a part of the group Trio Globo. I also found him as a session player on many other recordings of famous bands. A very talented and unique musician.
I have insufficient experience of other harpists to compare, but recent exposure to some well recorded Junior Wells absolutely knocks my sox off. Sounds like a real original voice on the instrument to me.

RNM