The Best Inexpensive Wines Available Now

I'm always on the lookout for good wines at a fair value. Ok so maybe cheap wines that taste expensive. Anyway, are there wines that you've had recently that you would consider a terrific value for the price? I personally enjoy the merlot and chardonnay from Clos du Bois which both cost about $14 in New Hampshire. To relax with a glass of either and listen to my music (classical and jazz) does make the early evening sit pleasingly well.
128x128jcbach
I am clearly much less experienced than you guys, but I think the following two are screaming bargains:

Charles Shaw Merlot ... $1.99 from Trader Joes (the other Charles Shaw varieties were not very good). Yes $1.99 and very pleasant.
They were also carrying Seven Peaks Chardonnay for $2.99 a bottle. This is the one of the smoothest chardonnays I have ever had (I usually don't spend more than $10 on a bottle, though I have tasted $50 bottles that are not as good as this seven peaks).
Bella Sera for me works great but some puffff works much better.

Disclaimer: pronouns sound 'f' to yourself not like conventional english alphabetic sound 'f'...:-)
my vote goes to Brancott vineyard Sauvignon Blanc....from New Zealand....an absolutely oustanding value at $9.99!.....and for those special nights a bottle of Talley Vineyards California Pinot Noir is very special at $21.99 here in Dallas!
This should be an enjoyable thread.

I've always enjoyed any ol' cheap red Italian wine ($5 or $6). I've never been disappointed. However, when the listening calls for low lighting any Classico Reserva (however its spelled) in the $20 to $25 range sits quite well. I also prefer my wine at almost room temperature.
Try the petite syrah and the pinot noir from David Bruce. Both are superb and can be had for $17-$20.

Eddie