Rock? money down the drain?

I have seen posts where people describe their systems and ask for upgrade advise and their systems cost $5000 and up and their primary music is rock. here is a question for everyone. is it worth spending $10,000 on a rock system or do think there is a cut off point where all rock systems sound the same?
mboldda1269a
The ability to reproduce deep, controlled bass at high volumes is one of the most difficult and expensive challenges for a state of the art audio system. A genuinely great "rock" system is far better than any 5 wpc, single ended triode, Shakti stone and Shun Mook covered, voodoo wimp system. Culturally and intellectually pretentious "audiophiles" will try to tell you otherwise, but that's what happens to one's IQ when you listen to Pachebel's Canon too many times.
Thank you CwLondon -- I like your post. I just had an experience with a dealer that I tried to play "rock" on a single ended system... I was trying to broaded my experiences.. When I told him the system sounded like crap - he told me that it wasn't intended to play my type of music. Dogs and sailors stay off the grass....
Jazz and Rock simply do not lift me to the extent that classical music does. There's more of the edge of centuries in classical music. There's more blood, more style. It's just up and out and gone. Jazz just jerks around. Rock music is more sound and pretense than an actual and venturesome entrance into the grand gamble.
The whole game is to reproduce whatever you listen to in a satisfying manner. Of course it's OK to spend X amount of dollars on any system, with any souce material. What if your hobby was recording live song birds, insects or waterfalls? Think about it:-)
Anyone catch the article on classical music in the latest Listener? Eldragon - Have you heard Keith Jarret's solo work?