Ken Burns' JAZZ starts Monday on PBS!

A reminder that Ken Burns' 10 part series begins Monday in most all of the USA. Burns' past documentaries have been "The Civil War" and "Baseball." They were very, very good. Enjoy! Charlie
danvetc
Thanks everyone for the information. Even if the end product is not as good as we might hope for, at least jazz is getting SOME coverage on national television. Hopefully a few people not familiar with the art form will be stimulated to explore something new to them.
Should it be worthwhile and you want to watch it again, it is available on DVD with some extras not in the TV series. I found it in a 10 disc set at the "Store of Knowledge" (a PBS store) in San Diego. I didn't purchase yet but look forward to watching the series on TV. Bravo for the jazz coverage.
I can't wait for Jazz despite the "slim" coverage that Burns may give the subject. Be forwarned though, there will be a huge interest in Jazz music in general after the "civilians" see this documentary. Kind of like how they pretended to like the Dead after Garcia's sad and untimely death.
My local Sunday paper(Philadelphia Inquirer) really hyped the series. There are jazz articles in an entertainment section(including one on the series itself), and the included Iquirer magazine. And the series is highlighted in the included TV weekly. Looking at the lineup, the type of jazz I like(late 50s - late 60s) will not be shown this week. I will have to wait another week. But, I will still watch as much as I possibly can...