Favorite composer @ favorite work?

None of us, will ever get tired from, Mozart's "Jupiter", or Beethoven's "fifth"...but the one i am really "discovering" is Anton Bruckner! His, entire 4th, "Romantic" is my all-time favorite! How' bout you?
eldragon
Right on Sam! I neglected to mention Grieg's which is also among my favorites. So far as Tchaikovsky's didn't Van Cliburn hang his whole career on his legendary performances of that piece?
TubeGroover, Van Cliburn is admired by many, but for me it is too warm and not "russian" enough. Of modern stereo performances give me Aggerich/Kondrashin on Phillips, this performance has passion and fire! I have the mono RCA recording of Horrowitz/Toscanni from the 1940s, long considered the best performance recorded, but the sound quality is poor preventing a primary recommendation, but everyone should hear it to see what is possible in the right hands.....sam
As much as I love everybody mentioned;and it seems like every few years my fav changes. Antonin Dvorak;THEE(only) cello concerto/Sym from the new world/ all of the Slovanic Dances;are what I play/never tire of/most.Beethoven 5th piano, Motzart's 40th sym.& piano#20 Mahlar #1 & 5 Shubert,s Trout,Vivaldi's 4season's Ludwig's#9 ain't bad either.
Stravinsky's Firebird. I also love Dvorak, Bartok, and especially Sibelius and Prokofiev.
My favorite pianist for Grieg, Brahms and Mozart is Clifford Curzon. Most of his recording out on the Decca/London Classic Sound and/or Legends label.