Favorite composer @ favorite work?

None of us, will ever get tired from, Mozart's "Jupiter", or Beethoven's "fifth"...but the one i am really "discovering" is Anton Bruckner! His, entire 4th, "Romantic" is my all-time favorite! How' bout you?
eldragon
No doubt that Beethoven and Mozart are the greatest,but my preffered has to be Tchaikovsky, specially his violin concerto and his 6th.The beauty and melancholy on it's melodies and the power of their orchestration makes them unparareled in my preference.
IF you like Bruckner and don't mind old mono sound try getting the Furtwangler versions on DGG and EMI. I feel they represent some form of reference. Newer stereo sound greatness can be found with Eugene Jochum on DGG and EMI. I feel the above conducters were masters with Bruckner and get deeper into the music than did Von Karajan. Try to experience these performances on vinyl if you can. Good Listening! o
Right on Sam! I neglected to mention Grieg's which is also among my favorites. So far as Tchaikovsky's didn't Van Cliburn hang his whole career on his legendary performances of that piece?
TubeGroover, Van Cliburn is admired by many, but for me it is too warm and not "russian" enough. Of modern stereo performances give me Aggerich/Kondrashin on Phillips, this performance has passion and fire! I have the mono RCA recording of Horrowitz/Toscanni from the 1940s, long considered the best performance recorded, but the sound quality is poor preventing a primary recommendation, but everyone should hear it to see what is possible in the right hands.....sam