best pink floyd dark side cd

what cd version of dark side of the moon offers the best sonics
geno
I bought a gold disc from MFSL for $5 that sounds superb. Very clean and smooth sounding. quite amazing without even considering it was recorded in 1973.
Bjack don't be so ignorant. MFSL is very collectible, especially the Long Box Wall version. So don't spout on a topic that you don't know about. You go enjoy your store cd version of the Wall. And kacz why don't you buy a cargo of MFSL Gold CDs at $5 and I'll buy them from you for $10 each. I just love you guys, that don't have a clue on the collectibilty and what the market bears. So I suggest do a little research on MFSL before you spout your mouth.
I have 5 copies of Dark Side on cd. The original Capitol, Harvest Import, 20th Anniversary Ed, box set edition and the Mobile Fidelity. In my opinion the MF is a shade better than the current remastered version.This may be heresy but I think my vinyl copy sounds better than all of them.Good luck
Hey take it easy MFSLGOLDCD. I have know idea what it's worth and I don't care. I found it used for $5 and all I know is I like the album and it sounds really good. I didn't even know it was gold until I got it home. That was about 4 years ago and the first time I ever saw a gold CD. So yeah I guess I scored big. Anyhow that's not the point of this thread. The point is it has sounded good on all the gear I have had the last 4 years and I recommend it. It has great imaging with tube like softness but not to soft. The mix and tone is perfect for the type and style of the music on the album.
I would have to say that the MoFi version is the best that I have heard to date. Hopefully one of these days it will be put out on dvd audio! I bought my MoFi copy used for $10, but the best deal I ever got on one is $20 for The Wall with the booklet and box in excellent condition.