Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Alison Krauss "Forget About It" is an outstanding CD but I just bought a CD by a group called HEM entitled "Rabbit Songs" where I like the lead singer even more than Alison Krauss (or anyone else for that matter). HEM's lead singer is Sally Ellyson and she is simply wonderful.
Lucinda Williams has remained for almost 25 years as a truly original, unique, gifted, unpretentious, singer songwriter with little to no equal. To make an analogy, she is the female Lyle Lovett of folk/country/popular/whatever music. I fascinate at how the recording industry struggles so greatly in trying to put her and Lyle Lovett into a pigeon holed category for their convience of description. The fact that she supercedes music industry classification categories says it all. The very sad fact that someone with Lucinda Williams' enormous talent and virtually unmatched top quality and timeless recordings throughout her career, is not a well known name in most american households explains exactly what is wrong with american modern music. But alas!! Lucinda Williams has a new CD coming out 4/8/03 (World Without Tears).
Julie loyd- see julieloyd.com. she has two high quality CDs. I never miss her live when she passes through Virginia on tour. She lives in Asheville N.C.