Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Ooops. I think I may have misinterpreted your post. Your lukewarm reception was in reference to your new Barber, Wilson, etc. CDs right? Have a listen online at Amazon.com to Diana Krall's older stuff and you'll see what I mean..
Try Diane Schuur (especially "Swingin'for schuur") Patricia Barber (any of hers), The best of Joan Baez, The best of Crystal Gail ("I'll get over you") Margo Timmins of the Cowboy Junkies (any of them) and finally Lucinda Williams (any also). These should keep you listening for awhile.
The best ones are all from France:
Edit Piaf,
Julliette Greco,
Francois Hardy,
Mireille Mathieu,
Patricia Kaas,
Guesch Patti.
No one has mentioned Stacey Kent. Sings a song the way the writers wanted it sung and has a great band. I love Ella and throw in Natalie Merchant. All very unique voices, but very lisenable.
if you haven't heard Lorrie Morgan's Secret love and the Dianne Schuur's Swingin'for Schuur... you should add them to your collection... Patricia Barber, Mary Timmins, Lucinda Williams, and Diana Krall for sure... I have to agree with those who may not play Jennifer Warnes cd's quite as often as the others.