Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Could everyone please listen to "best of Cowboy Junkies" before we have any further discussions, just so we can get some perspective on where you may be coming from....
Just one song guys......but if you want to hear a really REALLY good female vocalist, check out the HAND SONG by NICKEL CREEK. Mostly Bluegrass and not many vocals but that one song is worth the price of admission.
The violin bites nicely as well.
Happy listening!
PS Linda, yes good ol Ms. R is great on LUSHLIFE.
This bands first album is titled the same as the bands name, they have since broken up after just 2 albums total. Had a chance to see them twice here in Chicago ( The Green Door ) & ( The Park West ). The lead singer Mary Fahl has a voice that will melt your heart. She has since gone off on her own and everybody is still waiting for a full release of songs but it has been over 4 or 5 years now. The cd will be hard to find , usually ebay has some but I can not recommend this first album enough. I think I played it every day for about a year and I guarantee that once you hear this voice, you will be saying " Man what a voice, what a band "
Later,
Bill
Ok, gotta be Joni Mitchel, not just for voice, but style, composition, overall musical soulfullness. And what about Stevie Nicks? Her work with Fleetwood Mac and even solo is not too shabby.
jobe