Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
Milpai...Of course BB and CC are in to selling mass produced products at low cost. That's how you make money in the real world, so that you can afford to buy exotic audio equipment, sports cars, motor boats, airplanes, etc.
Jadem6...The only audio piece I ever bought at Best Buy is a Panasonic SA-XR70, and it is one heck of a good item for my TV/HT rig. With the right speakers it really could be a primary audio system.

I don't know how you got details of my system, but you are mostly right. You forgot my Sony PSX-800 TT, with servoed linear tracking biotracing arm, probably the most high tech item in my house and a superb performer although not "certified" audiophile gear. (It cost almost a grand back in 1980). Also my PS Audio outboard preamp, one of the first to use passive (no feedback) RIAA equalization.
Also there are the rear channels, a second DEQ2496, Kenwood LO7M power amps, and Madisound Odin speakers. Also the Maggies are retrofitted with upscale passive crossovers.

Take offence? I don't do that.

Happy New Year!
I haven't read all of the comments. However if your looking for SACD go to borders. they have a great selection and the best classical CD selection i have seen in tucson. I was amazed at how many they have. 3 isles of classical CD and SACD's. circuit city had two spaces, and about 2 isles for RAP! eech.
I never got into SACD mostly because of the format war between that and DVD audio. I wanted to wait until one of them became the clear winner, and when that didn't really happen I just decided to stick with redbook cd's for now. I will admit that CC and BB aren't highend but they did carry SACD players, etc. for quite a while. Maybe something even better will evolve from these 2 formats in the near future. Hopefully by then companies will realize that working together towards a common goal will benefit them far more than arguing and bickering over who has delivered the best format.
Why wait when there're now over 3,500 SACD titles available? BTW, John Mayer's "Room For Squares" SACD is very good.