HELP Turning off the Left Brain

Its been over 25 years since I bought my first stereo. All my friends wanted wheels, I just wanted to play my records on something other than my parents stereo console. After spending over 25 years training my ears to distinguish between the tiniest differences in and between components, cables, room acoustics et al (and yes I believe for the most part it is a learned skill), I now find it very difficult to sit down and just ENJOY THE MUSIC without always critiquing the presentation. As a matter of fact, a lot of the music that I originally enjoyed when I was among the great unwashed masses, I can't stand listening to anymore. I always thought that at some point the equipment would allow the music to transcend the medium, but regardless of the quality of the presentation, the left brain always whips out the notebook.

Has anyone found a way to stop the madness?
Ag insider logo xs@2xmusicfirst
A sharp blow to that side of the head with a large, blunt instrument would probably suffice. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Musicfirst--- Have you formed left brain plan to turn your left brain off yet?

John
I am trying to avoid AB comparisons which seems to help. My system is essentially where I am going to stay for at least a week (smile) and hopefully few years. I still have to critique the APL as it breaks in and I test different setups and ancilliary equipment, but once thats done, I intend to leave the left brain at the listening room door.

BTW, the APL in general and SACD reproduction thereon specifically (which I've just recently started to expereince in my home), has really started to allow me to just enjoy the music.

A nice snifter of Wild Turkey Rare Breed or Blantons while listening also helps, I think this is because it helps me to relax and also engages other pleasure centres.
Sounds to me that the core problem is too much discretionary income, and in that vein, I am prepared to selfishly offer my services. Contact me via email for the requisite account number, and simply transfer all supplemental monies. The next time upgrade fever strikes, the resulting empty account will preclude any possible changes, and you will be "forced" to be happy and content with the current system. There, I've done my good deed for the weekend. Good day...
"BTW, the APL in general and SACD reproduction thereon specifically (which I've just recently started to expereince in my home), has really started to allow me to just enjoy the music."

Kerry- What were you using for digital playback before the
APL? Did you buy it based on all the hype on this forum or did you listen to it first?