Unintended lyrics

Music to sooth the savage beast (breast).What songs do you know that people routinely misunderstand the lyrics, to the concernation or amusement of the artist. For example Dylans's "Excuse me while I turn and kiss the guy" (kiss the sky). Nylons "Give me the Beach Boys and free my soul" (Give me the beat boys and free my soul I want to get lost in the rock and roll)
128x128gammajo
Grunts and growls mostly, Nrchy, but I still like him. Make me laugh just thinking about all of those passages that sound like one long mumbled word, or like the first couple of REM albums. What IS Michael Stipe saying? Anyone's guess, I suppose. Springsteen may be the only performer I would see again in a stadium, however. He had 65,000 people into the music like it was a nightclub.

Speaking of REM, here's another one:
"Call me when Jah wake her?"
--Sidewinder Sleeps...the third song on "Automatic for the People" What the heck is he singing on the refrain?
for years I thought it was "Do the lucky lady" instead of "Dude Looks Like a Lady" - aerosmith.

I looked up some REM Lyrics once - I STILL don't know what Stipe was saying - I'm sure only HE does.......
My wife thought the Motels song said "Only the lonely get laid" as opposed to "Only the lonely can play."
That old moldy Louie Louie song (I've long forgotten the artist) had to be one of the most controversial 45's ever spun at a high school sock-hop. You can barely understand the lyrics, but that never stopped those fr!(k!^ bible-beaters from imagining the absolute worst.
If not "...a douch another runner in...", what is it? I've been puzzling over this since I first heard Manfred Mann's version 28 years ago. Does anyone know?

How about "We're just stupid entertainers" rather than "We're just stupid. Entertain us." Forget who sings it, but I heard the singer in a radio interview expressing his frustration over the way people hear this lyric, rather than what he meant. Serves him right for knocking his fans.