Favorite Lesser Known Sax Players

Trane, Rollins, Bird, Desmond, Getz, Hawkins and Lester Young are names that are oftened invoked when the subject of great jazz sax players is brought up. Who are some of your favorite, albeit lesser known, sax players and your favorite recording of theirs? As a sax hack, I'll offer the following suggestions to chew on:

Willis 'Gator' Jackson - Call of the Gators
Red Holloway - In the Red
James Moody - Don't Look Back Now
Tina Brooks - True Blue
King Curtis - Night Train
Serge Chaloff - Blue Serge
islandear
John Gilmore (Sun Ra's sax player), Roscoe Mitchell & Joseph Jarman (Art Ensemble of Chicago) are all top notch. For more traditional sax, check out Sonny Criss
Great stuff! Of these lesser knowns, which are seminal recordings? Don't relist more than a half dozen with titles for the rest of us to check out... Here are a few more sax fiends with a recommended title:

Jimmy Giuffre - Fusion
Buddy Tate - Texas Twister
Pony Poindexter - Gumbo!
Bill Perkins - Journey to the East
Arnett Cobb - Jumpin' at the Woodside
Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis - Trane Whistle

Anymore and I'm entering into the arcane...
Seems like a good idea Islandear, recommendations/ descriptions of recordings probably are a little more useful than a simple listing of sax players names.

Kollektiv- Kollektiv: Mostly floating hallucinatory jazzrock, some of my favorite electric sax is on track 2, there's a fair amount of flute here too. All the tracks have very memorable riffs and melodies.

John Coltrane/Archie Shepp- New Thing At Newport: For me the Shepp on this one is a real landmark. The way the Sax, Bass, Vibes and Drums fit together is very satisfying. Alot of excellent jazz records just aren't as good as this one, (at least 4 bobbing heads).

Evidence-Musique de Thelonious Monk: Sax, Electric Bass, Drums may not be the most conventional line up to take on Monk, but the players are all very well informed and sensitive to what the compositions offer. This disc makes it obvious that Monk was a giant.

Ken Vandermark-Design In Time: One reed player/two drummers,(Roberet Barry from Sun Ra is one of them) cover tunes by Don Cherry, Ornette Coleman, Albert Ayler, Monk and Vandermark. Amazingly some of the writing that will stick with you the most is by Vandermark.

Back Door-Back Door: A Sax, Bass and Drums trio from the early 70's. Beautifully put together compositions w/ lots of interlocking parts. Some tunes have a cool military cartoon vibe that won't let go of yer' head.

Charles Papasoff-Papasoff w/Carroll/DeBriano/AkLaff: A fantastic (baritone, soprano sax and flute) test disc, but more importantly the playing is really inspired. If you see that Debriano (Bass) and AkLaff (drums) are on the disc it's gonna be good.
Wardell Gray
Hank Crawford
Ronnie Laws
Gato Barbieri
Harold Land
Teddy Edwards
Red Holloway
Vi Redd
Oliver Nelson
Jesse Davis
King Curtis
Eddie "Clean Head" Vinson
Tom Scott
Outstanding, Duane. For one, I'll check out Vandermark's Design in Time, and I'm not at all familiar with Papasoff. Thanks for the recommendations.