Guitar Solos

As a serious music listener and a musician,(although I am a drummer) nothing makes me shiver like a good guitar solo. It's seems to be a dying art,at least in popular music. Still lots of good guitar in blues and jazz. Some of my favs : Dear John by Jack Semple ,La Grange By Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, Aqualung By Martin Barre with Jethro Tull and Bluest Blues by Alvin Lee. I'd love to check out some other peoples favs, a couple old and maybe a couple new??
billbeat
Please do yourself a favor and check out a guy named Joe Bonamassa. I went to a BB King concert last year where Joe was the opening act. I thought "Joe who?" After he came on stage, he stole the show. Absolutely great guitar riffs. In 60 minutes he played 12 different guitars and rolled from blues to rock. His stuff is available at Amazon. He also sings in his music, but the guitar is best that I've heard. I'm curious if anyone else here know Joe's work?
Funny enough I recently discovered Joe Bonamassa on amazon! by reading "people who bought this,also bought..."section. I agree he is a wicked guitar play!
Try to pick upa copy of "ITCH" by Kim Mitchell (Canadian Rock Guitarist)...phoenomenal guitar licks on this Rock/Blues album...and the acoustics of the recording are fabulous!

This cd is sometimes avalable on ebay if your local music store cannot import this for you (assuming you are in the US)